Friday, February 13, 2009

S.A.D.


Tomorrow is “Singleness Awareness Day.” And for all you singles out there – BE GLAD! Below is a list of why I’m glad I’m single (though I PROMISE you, if the opportunity arose, I’d get married!). Feel free to add yours.

Top Ten Reasons I’m Grateful To Be Single

(no particular order)

  1. I can watch what I want, when I want and I can channel surf as much as I want. And if I happen to land on an old episode of "Mad About You" and want to watch it, WHO CARES? The remote is mine. The TV is mine. (Unfortunately so is the cable bill, but that’s ok.)
  2. I can eat the exact same breakfast/lunch/dinner for days if not weeks on end and no one cn stop me!
  3. I can have a bowl of Captain Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal for dinner.
  4. My car can be as clean or messy as I want it to be and no one can complain about it. (Of course no one cleans it for me either.)
  5. Same thing goes for my house.
  6. My cell phone minutes are MY CELL PHONE MINUTES. I don’t have to share them with ANYONE!
  7. The ENTIRE closet and every single dresser drawer, MINE!
  8. Toilet seat… enough said
  9. If a friend calls me and asks me to meet them at (enter Mexican restaurant here) in 10 minutes, I can go without having to consult anyone.
  10. If I want to spend money on clothes, funky household stuff or just give it to someone who needs it, I can do it without having to ask.
Ultimately I’m glad to be single because for right now this is where God has me. And for whatever the reason or how ever long the season, I hope to live it like I mean it and do it all for His glory.

Happy Valentine’s Day my friends.

(Oh, TEN DAYS!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment