Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome Back!

Ok so I’m going back to blogging (please hold your applause especially if you’re reading this at work – I don’t want to get anyone in trouble!).

Why the 3 month hiatus? Well I wish I could be all spiritual and stuff and say it has something to do with giving up being online for Lent or focusing on my walk and not my talk. But no, actually, it all has to do with being lazy, being bummed and being confused.

So if you’ve read my previous posts, you’ve probably surmised that I was going to Belize. And, I’m happy to report, that I went to Belize AND I made it back! Go me! The trip was amazing and wonderful and everything a missions trip should be (minus any gastrointestinal issues). I made some amazing contacts, spent oodles of time with wonderful friends, drank an insane amount of Coke Light and came home with a bit of sun and a lot of excitement over what God was going to do.

Fast forward 3 months. I’m still back from Belize and technically should be leaving again in 18 days. However, God is God and He had far better plans for me. I will admit, I have no idea what those plans are and on a near daily basis I have to remind myself that whatever it is He has in store for me is going to FAR EXCEED the last few months. For suffice it to say, I’m NOT going to Belize in 18 days.

And possibly not again this year.

But I dunno.

Can I stop now?

The reasons and all that STUFF are tough and there are several WISE people in my life working through all this with me and all involved. (It’s more them and not me – I’m just a casualty of it all.) ANYHOW, God is faithful and I am genuinely excited about what He’s going to do in the coming months.

I think I will stop now.


This is a picture of four men whom I admire greatly. Two of them have gone home to hang with our Lord; one extremely recently. All of them have impacted the Kingdom mightily. Posting their picture here is my insignificant way of honoring them each. Thank you Tommy, Andy, Wick and Greg for the sacrifices you’ve made and for the hearts you have that are dedicated to our Lord. Your lives and your walks are an inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment