Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's Thursday

I’ve been avoiding writing today’s blog for many reasons - none of which are even remotely logical or anything. It’s all totally emotional (hey – I’m a girl, deal with it!).

Today marks 3 weeks. And in some way it’s as hard today as it was 3 weeks ago.

Saturday I got a sweet, SWEET card in the mail (snail mail – I LOVE SNAIL MAIL!) from an even sweeter friend. And I will confess – I skimmed the card once, bawled like a baby, tucked it in my purse and have been avoiding it (and the friend).

Until today.

Because it’s Thursday.

And it’s been 3 weeks.

And today, I needed to feel it all and cry again.

So I am.

And at some point I’m going to have to deal with all the pain and all the emotions, but for now, I’m not. And that’s the naked, honest truth. I’m not dealing with it. And because of the situation, I’m not sure if I’ll ever really get to write about it. But those who need to know, know. Those who need to comfort, comfort (and in a amazing way). And those who need to be missed, are missed greatly.

Because it’s Thursday.

And it’s been 3 weeks.

(And to that sweet friend, thank you. I have read that card and those verses several times today. You have no idea how much they have touched me. I love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment