Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shower, rinse, repeat

So I found a tick on me this morning. Yup a tick. My 1st one. GROSS!!!

I think it hopped on when I was out back with Lucy getting ready to roll the trash around to the front. The idea of it coming from anywhere else is enough to make me ill. I found it, made it go to tick hell (because surely there is no heaven for ticks) and took a shower.

Then another.

And another.

And if I weren’t running so late for work, I would have taken another.

I STILL feel gross and itchy and EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Is that how I feel when I sin? When I grieve the heart of the very One who died for me? Is the need to get that sin out of my life as urgent and necessary as the need to make sure that there was no way there was another tick on me?

Am I as anxious to live a clean, pure life for God as I am to walk out of my house clean and tick-free?

Now before you think my theology is all out of whack, I know and appreciate the fact that I just have to ask for forgiveness once and my sins are forgiven. Shower myself in God’s love and rinse away the sins. Repeat the next time I sin BUT that sin is gone, forgiven kaput.

Shower and rinse.

No comments:

Post a Comment