Friday, May 15, 2009

I saved an earthworm

I know - right??!!??

An earthworm… ME! I picked it up WITH MY VERY OWN FINGERS and flung into the grass. Well now that I’m reading that, maybe the flinging part wasn’t all that great – but my intentions were good! So now instead of inching along the pavement that was rough and hard and not very pretty and where surely it was going to get smushed, it could now do what it does best (and I have no idea what that is).

So here’s my wondering for today: am I inching along the pavement waiting to get smushed OR do I need to get flung into the grass where God can use me best? (My theology may be a bit off here, but you get what I’m saying, right?) Maybe the pavement is where God wants me right now? Maybe He’s using the rough pavement to smooth me out. Or is getting smushed God’s way of gently disciplining me and making me into the woman He wants me to be? Am I content to hang out on the pavement never knowing the beauty of the tall grass? Or do I need to be flung into the soft grass?

I don’t know the answers to these questions. I know the earthworm was worming its way toward the grass, but is that what I’m doing? I hope so. I PRAY SO!

Where are you today, my friends? Are you inching along the pavement waiting to get smushed or are you enjoying the soft soil of God’s love and peace?

(Oh yeah, and I immediately went home and washed my hands… like 4 times…. Just in case, ya know.)

2 comments: