Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today I Wore My Danskos. News at 11.

First off, let me make a disclaimer: THIS IS NOT AN OBAMA BASH!!

This morning, as every morning, I was watching the Today Show (or as I prefer to call it, The Matt Lauer Show). And this morning, as they do every morning, they began the show by giving 10 second blips about their hot, upcoming topics/stories for the show. One of today's hot topics: President Obama killed a fly.

Seriously.

No really, it was.

A hot story.

And, as if 7:30 AM EST they haven't just talked about it once, they've talked about it 3 times.

Seriously.

No really!

Obviously, we've entered a slow news season. Just look at how much time is being devoted to Jon & Kate? I mean, OH MY STARS!! Can you just imagine if Jon or Kate killed a fly?

It's probably just a matter of time before the ASPCA sues the President for his cruelty to animals. Please, no one tell them about Bobby, a guy I work with, who has killed at least a dozen of them (flies, not ASPCA'rs) this week. I can only imagine the amount of time that will be taken away from REAL news stories because of this.

At least Matt was absent for today's shameful display of journalism.

Of course one of the last times he was out it was because he got run over by a deer.

Seriously.

No really.

And that made headlines, too.

Today I wore my Dansko's.

News at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment