Friday, April 30, 2010

Parce que chaque jour j'ai pensé à toi.

Ok, I admit, I don't think I've seen the movie Braveheart in its entirety. (But hey, my friend Jim Hale has never seen Princess Bride, so I think we balance out the universe.)  I know the basic premise (there's a wee bit too much blood and gore for my liking) and I'm sure if I weren't so squeamish, I'd love this movie and be able to draw as many parallels to the Christian faith as my friend, Tim Suggs, can (no I couldn't, Tim's WAY smarter than me).

Anyhow, yesterday one of my FAVORITE blogs, (In)Courage was written by an incredible writer, Sarah Mae. She wrote about the freedom she felt when she let go of something that directed and controlled her life.  She talked about the release and joy she experienced once she realized that that THING didn't have to control her and that instead honoring her husband and also her God was what brought true freedom and joy.

Earlier in the morning, I experienced the same freedom - to a point of near giddiness (ok, MINUS the honoring my husband part, obviously!) but it wasn't until I read Sarah Mae's blog that I had any idea what and why I felt the way I did.

F.R.E.E.D.O.M.

The night before I simply didn't do something that I had been doing for many months (don't worry - it's nothing bad).  It wasn't that I didn't miss it, I did, but it was as if God gave me a release from doing it (ok, it's all just sounding so BAD but TRUST ME!  It's not!!  It's rather silly actually.  Just ask Amanda - she can vouch for me on this!!).

Yesterday morning, I woke up with a smile on my face.  I had accomplished something, had overcome something that had become so ingrained in my life that at one point thought I could never live without.  It's silly and small and to 99.99% of the world, incredibly insignificant.  But to me - it was sweet... well bittersweet, but sweet nonetheless.

And when I read Sarah Mae's post, I realized what all those feelings were.

Freedom.

I know that the discipline I used and the prayers uttered when temptation struck honored God.  It's my prayer that I have more nights like last night.  I know I will - because I am TRUSTING that God hears my prayers.

Peace out, y'all.  Have a GREAT weekend.

(I have no idea what language that is up in my title, but when I was searching for a William Wallace quote on freedom I found that.  And I fell in love with it.  It has the SWEETEST translation.  I encourage you to look it up for yourself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment