Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner

Ok, it's another confession day...

I have the movie Dirty Dancing memorized.  Line for line with every ounce of emotion that they used. 

Every

Single

Line

When I watch the movie on TV and they've cut a scene to save time, I take it as a personal offense.   I have watched that movie so many times that I can even tell you what everyone was wearing in any particular scene. 

So this is a sad day (no I'm not cowered in a corner wailing, just sad).  And it's a good time to remember some of my most favorite lines from this movie.  What are yours?  (And did anyone but me ever wondered what happened to Baby & Johnny after the dance??)

"I carried a watermelon." 

"Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."

(And my high school friend, Felicia, put one on my Facebook page that I loved too - it's the one where Baby confronts her dad after he had helped Penny.  What a great line about equality.)

RIP Patrick Swayze.  

No comments:

Post a Comment