Friday, September 25, 2009

What A Difference A Day Makes

sunrise

The situation hasn't changed.

The problems haven't changed.

And yet today, I feel totally different.

God didn't change.

His promises haven't changed.

So what happened?  It's me.  It's my heart.  I choose to trust.  I choose to take refuge.  I choose to rest in the knowledge that HE is in control.  I choose to let myself be surrounded by Him.

I choose to let Him do what He is good at, instead of relying on myself.

Scared.

Hurting.

Confused.

Alone.

He chooses to protect, heal, comfort and provide.

I choose to live this day for Him and not for me.  I choose to be thankful for what I have, not what I want.

I choose God.

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how much of my story our know from Amanda, she says not much.....but she called me while I was at Duke with my little girl for heart surgery to read me this blog. She swore it was like it was written just for me, even though you didn't know us. That was exactly how I was feeling this week. I was so scared going into this....but finally realized HE was in control, and that was all that mattered!!
    And here we have come out the other side...a walking talking healed little miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete