Friday, July 17, 2009

Do You See What I See?

I need to admit something.

Sigh… this is so hard….

My name is Alice. I need reading glasses.

There I said it. I’ve been fighting it for about a year now. But I can’t do it any longer. I need glasses. Just to read, but still. I’m the girl who used a small bible with tiny print with no problem, but now… yeah… sigh…


My eyes are aging. I’m not – just my eyes. I am still perfectly young. And I see perfectly well all other times, it’s just reading things up close. I’m gonna blame all these years sitting in front of the computer. Yeah that’s it. It’s the computer’s fault. It’s not that my eyes are aging, it’s the fact that I have to work for a living and sit in front of a computer all day.

Yeah, that’s it.

But it’s still a fairly tough pill to swallow, this whole needing glasses thing. But I’ve put it off long enough. So there I stood on Saturday afternoon in the middle of Barnes & Noble trying on various styles and strengths of glasses. THANKFULLY I’m only at the point of needing “very weak” ones (I guess they are the +1.0 ones) which is SOMEWHAT of a comfort.

I need reading glasses.

Sigh…

On a brighter note –

11 DAYS!!

Things are progressing along at a snail’s pace. Flights are booked, Caye Caulker details are done, but we’re still lacking a place to lay our heads in Punta Gorda (long story). And it’s raining, but it is the rainy season so I suppose that’s to be expected. But with all the rain comes the chance that the bridge will wash out. I informed our friend down there that he needs to figure out a way to make the van float since flying down and back from PG just isn’t in our budget at this time. I think he thinks I’m joking. I’m not.

Support for me is going well. I’m still about $350 short of my goal (ok, now that I’ve written that, it does seem a bit overwhelming, huh?). PRAY!! I have no doubt that God can and will make this happen.

Now where did I put my glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment