Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When I Grow Up

One of my goals over the next 11 days (besides drinking as much Coke Light as possible) is to start to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I know that for years now I've been... well not necessarily unhappy, I guess just not feeling like I'm doing God any good. There's more I felt I could do or should be doing and I think I've been afraid to start down this path of what exactly does God want from me because what if it's huge. I mean what if it's REALLY huge?

A few weeks ago I asked the question how big are your dreams. And I guess that's really where this all began to unpack itself for me. Things, ideas, thoughts, and yes dreams, that have been laying dormant in the back of my mind for so long started resurfacing, stealing sleep and productive ebay time. And so now is the time to sort this all out and what better place that a gorgeous country like Belize.

I've been hearing enough about the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan to know that this would be a great resource for me. As if to confirm this when I happened to check Amazon out one day this normally $15 book was on sale for $7. So I bought it and the next day it was back up to $11. Hmmmm. Anyhow, if you've read this book you know how incredibly insightful it is. If you haven't well do.

So this morning, on my first full day here in paradise I started my journey. I am thankful that we are doing our debrief/R&R/whatever on the front end of the trip because it is giving me a chance to dig in and start with reckless abandon this whole journey.

So while I know y'all are hoping to hear the great things God is doing down here through us all, please indulge me for a few days and allow me to share some things from my hike down this trail and up this mountain and through this forest that God is leading me on.

“.... by surrendering yourself totally to God's purposes, He will bring you the most pleasure in this life and the next.”

“It confuses us when loving God is hard. Shouldn't it be easy to love a God so wonderful? When we love God because we feel we should love Him, instead of genuinely loving out of our true selves, we have forgotten who God really is.”

Be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment