Sunday, August 30, 2009

Please Leave A Message After The Tone

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."
Galatians 4:1

Good morning, friends.  If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know that a month ago I went back to Belize and while I was there I read the book, Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  God is so totally and completely using this book in my life that I decided I needed to buy another copy (I gave mine away before I left Belize) and re-read it slowly in order to savor and appreciate and understand all it is that I think He is calling me to.


Since I'm reading it again (and actually blogging on a semi-regular basis) and since I'm nearing my 30 days of being back and deciding if I should make that major life-change, I've decided to take y'all (all 3 of you) along the journey with me.  Yeah for you!  

But before we go any further, let me make this disclaimer:  ULTIMATELY the Bible is my one and only authority on how I should live my life.  I am not delusional enough to think that any human, be it Francis Chan, Bob Norris, Joel Hunter or Beth Moore, can be the ultimate or final authority in my life.  That belongs to God and God alone.  I do, however, believe that God can, and does use His people.  I have much to learn and many more roads to travel down.  And if the lessons and applications that I have gotten from Crazy Love, Pastor Bob, Joel and bible studies by Beth Moore (and many others) are all backed by His Word then these are all just road maps to help me get to where I pray His is calling me.  

So, with that said, here we go!

"...surrendering yourself totally to God's purposes, [He] will bring you the most pleasure in this life and the next."
Francis Chan

I believe that I know what God is calling me to, I just don't know what to do about it at this point.  But is it my job to figure that out?  Or is it my job to just surrender to Him and to live my life worthy of that calling?  An old Keith Green song says, "He'll take care of the rest."  

What is God calling you too?  Is it radical enough to scare you?  I'm scared, but at this same time, I don't want God to just leave me a message.  I think, I'm FINALLY at the point in my life where I want to answer that call.

Happy Sunday, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment