Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Can You Tell Me How to Get?


When I was little, I thought Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was only seen in my area, because, well, I actually did live in Mr. Rogers neighboorhood.

When I was little, I used to hope each and every day that at the end of "Romper, bomper, stomper, boo" that Miss Sally would say, "I see Alice..."  She never did.

When I was little, I was convinced that Lampchop was real and not just a sock puppet.  "No really, Mommie - HE IS REAL!!"  I was reminded of this conviction for a long, LONG time...

When I was little, I wanted to "Send it to ZOOM"  Boston, Mass, 0-2-1-3-4.  I never did.

When I was little, Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, the Cookie Monster, Oscar, Grover were my friends.  They still are.

Happy 40th birthday, Sesame Street.  I am very grateful you were such a huge part of my life.

"Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to Sesame Street"

1 comment:

  1. We are on the same wavelength today....I almost used that one too!!

    I am trying to think of unique things to be thankful for...and then also not repeat yours!!

    Here's my one for you....
    I loved the movie Old Yeller as a kid. My mom said I balled when they had to shot him at the end. But every so often I would ask to watch it again. My mom would say, now Libby you remember how much it upsets you. And my response would be "well maybe THIS time they won't have to kill him."

    ReplyDelete