Sunday, November 8, 2009

See All The People!

Remember that kids hand thingie (it wasn't a game), where you lace your fingers together, form a steeple with your two index fingers, door with your thumbs, and chant, "This is the church, this is the steeple, open the door and see all the pople!"  (How many of you just attempted to do that??)

Can you imagine living somewhere where doing that could potentially put your life in danger??

Living here is nice and comfy US of A, I know I totally take for granted to whole idea of being able to worship God openly and publically.  I can sit in the middle of Starbucks (drinking a Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino, of course) and read my bible.  I can go to Moe's with friends, bow my head and thank God for my Billy Barou.  I can invite a new friend to church and pray he hears the Truth.

I can do all of this without the fear of being arrested, beaten and possibly killed. And while most of the world enjoys this freedom too, there are some places where the threat of suffering for their faith is a very real and daily danger.  Those people who risk this danger are my heroes.

Today I am grateful for being born and raised in the United States, for my freedom religion, and for those who fought to give me that freedom.  Today I also pray for those who still don't have that freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment