Friday, November 13, 2009

Like A Good Neighbor


I began my plunge in to the world of insurance on February 12, 2002.  Up until that moment the only thing I knew about insurance, and for that matter, State Farm, was that I had insurance AND that it was with State Farm.  But the insurance gods smiled on me and a poor, unsuspecting insurance agent (Ritchie Skipper) took a chance.  (Don't worry, I don't REALLY believe in insurance gods - well... no... ok... maybe...)

My only fear was that I never, EVER, wanted to become like Ned... Ned Ryerson... (from Groundhog Day - if you've never seen that movie or haven't seen it in a while, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!).

And here I am, 7 1/2 years later, new city, new poor, unsuspecting agent.  I am BEYOND grateful for my job.  In this economy, especially in South Carolina, a job is a mighty precious commodity and I am thankful for the one I have.  It may not be in the city I want to be in and it may not be EXACTLY what I want to do, but I have a great job.

Thanks, State Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment