Sunday, November 1, 2009

Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart


It's November 1.  To me, this means all SORTS of things.  First off, it is OFFICIALLY the start of Christmas music playing.  Don't scoff.  It is and you know it.  You're a closet November 1st Christmas Music Listener.  Admit it.

This year, for some reason, I really, REALLY want to immerse myself into the season - the whole season - and enjoy each and every moment of it.  I want to experience things I've avoided, take time to soak it in, and enjoy this time of year for what it is - a time of thanksgiving for all God's done for me and rejoicing in the birth of my Savior. 

So since it's November 1st, besides listening to Christmas, I want to kick off a month of Giving Thanks.  Each day I'm going to list something I'm thankful for and I really hope you'll join in.  It doesn't have to be something deep or meaningful; it can be something as simple as being thankful for Ziploc bags (which really are a great invention!).  There's no particular order, it's just my random list.

But since it is my first day, however, I do want to say that the thing that I'm absolutely most thankful for is my salvation.  Thank you, God, for sending Your Son to die for me so that I may have eternal life.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great idea....I beleive I will do the same on my blog for this month.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete