Saturday, January 24, 2009

30 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok so let’s talk about the llama in the room. (Why a llama? Well it’s not as big as an elephant but it’s definitely bigger than a bread box.) Should I be going to Belize with all that’s going on with my bro?

Trust me – I’ve asked that very same question about 1000 times in the last week. When I got my ticket, he was in the hospital but the word “transplant” had not been used. In hind sight, I’m not so sure if I would have purchased the ticket if it had been. I guess it’s one of those things were God definitely knew better.

In one of the emails I got from my friend who made me… well weep uncontrollably might be a bit strong, but it did make me cry HARD, she said me that she told her husband that once they got settled in their new digs the 1st thing they were doing was finding a church to attend. Later that night I told my friend Jamie that even if the most bizarre thing happened and I had to cancel my trip for whatever reason, that it was all totally worth it for this. Playing ANY role, regardless how insignificant in someone wanting to find more, get more or be more serious about a relationship with God is what it’s all about.

The truth of the matter is, however, that I’m nearly as able to get to Pittsburgh at the drop of a hat in Belize as I am in Columbia. That coupled with how God is so clearly paving the way for me to go makes me think that for right now, I’m going. My brother is stable and the likelihood of him getting a transplant within the next 30 days is slim to none.

SO – pray for the preparations! Everett is arranging meetings with pastors and youth workers, lining up venue possibilities and checking in to what equipment might be available down there. John is praying his guts out and getting ready to meet all of these new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment